1. The PDCC entrance online exam is scheduled on 25th August 2020, timing: 09:50AM to 11:00AM. To know more click on the link.
2. Application submissions are now closed for Post Doctoral Certificate Course PDCC (Oncopathology), 2019-2020. Results will be declared shortly.
1. The PDCC entrance exam scheduled on June 5th, 2020 is postponed in lieu of the COVID crisis. Rescheduled dates will be announced in due course.The last date for application for PDCC entrance exam is now extended to July 31st, 2020
1. Last date for submission of filled in applications for PDCC Oncopathology is July 15th 2022 -5 pm
Post Doctoral Certificate Course (PDCC) Oncopathology
The need for trained pathologists in the field of Oncopathology has become paramount with the alarming increase of cancer burden in the country in the era of Personalized Medicine. Basavatarakam Indo American Cancer Hospital & Research Institute has been organizing PDCC courses in Oncopathology successfully for the last 3 years with applicants from across the country. We are pleased to offer Post Doctoral Certificate Course PDCC (Oncopathology), a one year programme under the auspices of Indian College of Pathologists (ICP) The program intends to deliver practical knowledge about a systematic approach to the diagnosis of cancer, handling precious cancer tissue and reporting of cancers in a structured way along with sensitization and exposure to high end ancillary techniques including flow cytometry, FISH, molecular pathology and NGS so as to address the needs of the oncologists to institute optimum therapy.
Post Doctoral Certificate Course PDCC (Oncopathology), 2023-24
- Eligibility M.D/DNB (Pathology) from recognized university /Institute.
- Age limit less than 40 years as on April 30th 2023.
- Number of seats 2.
- Course duration – one year : July to June, Entrance examination date is on June 16th 2023.
- The online exam is scheduled on 26th August 2023.
- Online Examination timings would be between: 9:50AM to 10:50AM.
- Examination Pattern: Multiple choice Questions on Google forms.
- Number of questions: 50
- No Negative Marks.
- The selected candidate will have to face the interview on 27th August and the link for the interview will be informed on August 26th evening.
- Rules and regulations: For the examination to follow on personal email and also can be checked on PDCC website a week before the examination.
- Exam application fees Rs 2000/-.
- Last date for receiving filled in applications is June 7th 2023 -5 pm.
Rules and regulations:
- Candidates must login to their email ID as per the date and slot. Maximum ten (10) minutes grace time would be allowed for login in to the exam portal (9:50AM to 10:00AM).
- Before beginning of the exam, make sure you have a good internet connection.
- When you begin the exam click the link to start the test, you will see online Google forms (* it has Specified time limit).“Please check the SPAM or promotions”, as sometime you find the Google form there
- Enter your hall ticket number and e-mail-id
- After completion of the examination must click Submit. Kindly submit the paper before the end of the time slot.
- The form if submitted after specified time won't be accepted and gets rejected.
- The selected candidate will have to face the interview on 17th June 2023 between 11:15am to 12: 30pm and the ZOOM link for the interview will be informed on 16th evening
- If you encounter problem accessing/ submitting your exam form, call on
Dr Sahithi: 9494541068
Dr Faiq: 9866242730
Mr Sunder Raj: 9032768872
Details About Eligibility & Admission:
- Candidates who have passed MD/DNB in pathology at the time of applying are eligible (Cut off by April 30th ).
- Age less than 40 years by April 30th 2023 at the time of application
- In service candidate sponsored by their parent institute need to get a No Objection certificate from the Head of their institute for pursuing the course .
- Written examination (MCQ based) followed by interview. Eight candidates will be shortlisted for the interview and 2 will be selected.
- The interview shall take the practical knowledge and application of the subject in routine practice and medical fitness into consideration. The decision of interview board will be final.
- No individual correspondence will be made for students not shortlisted for the interview. Only those candidates who are shortlisted will be intimated.
- Fees per annum Rs 135200/-
- The breakup is as given herewith :
|Course fees (to be paid to BIACH & RI)||Rs 110000/-|
|To be paid to Indian College of Pathologists: Registration fees||Rs 10000/-|
|Examination fees||Rs 15000/-|
|Application fees||Rs 200/-|
- *Payment to Indian College of Pathologists will be facilitated by BIACH & RI .
- The fees will not be refunded after 1 month of admission.Within a month if the candidate decides on not continuing , only 50% of the fees paid to BIACH & RI will be refunded.The fees paid to Indian College of Pathologists will not be refunded. The vacant seat will be offered to the candidate in the waiting list.
- A monthly stipend of Rs 70000/- (all inclusive) will be paid for 12 months of service Inservice candidates will not be paid.
- PDCC (Oncopathology) is a full time course and shall be governed by applicable leaves of the institute. No candidate pursuing the course shall be allowed to do any private practice or consultation.
- Duties of the PDCC fellow will be fixed from time to time by the Institute.
- The selected candidate will have to submit a research project proposal upon joining and submit the project by April 31st of the year the final exam is conducted.
Please find online application link here Apply Now
Otherwise print out of the same can be duly filled and sent along with the payment to:
Department of Pathology
Block-1, 5th Floor
Basavatarakam Indo American Cancer Hospital & Research Institute
Road No 10, Banjara Hills,
For enquiries about PDCC
Dr Mohan Krishna Pasam, MD
This course helped me consolidate on the concepts that I learnt during my residency. During the course, I had exposure to a wide variety of cancer cases and got hands on experience in various techniques such as grossing , immunohistochemistry etc . I was sensitised to newer and advanced techniques in pathology reporting like FISH, flow cytometry and molecular techniques like RT PCR etc . The guidance of the excellent faculty is also a big plus during the training process. I would recommend my juniors to pursue this course.
Dr Lakshmi Manasa, MD(Pathology)
I am extremely glad to pursue my PDCC Oncopathology course in BIACH & RI. The institute has state of art lab including flow cytometry, and molecular techniques like FISH, PCR and NGS providing us a comprehensive exposure to all aspects of oncopathology. The faculty provides an excellent guidance and encouragement. The technical staff is very supportive. Overall the course definitely helps us in improving our knowledge about the diagnostic armamentarium in the field of oncopathology .
Dr Aleena Jain, MD,PDF(GI and hepatobiliary pathology)
It has been a wonderful learning experience at BIACH & RI which included exposure to a wide array of interesting cases, frozen sections, hands on training in molecular techniques, flow cytometry, cytogenetics, and most importantly, the knowledge of clinical implications of a particular diagnosis. Moreover, it was an opportunity to work with excellent faculty. I am glad to pursue my PDCC Oncopathology from here.
Dr S Sneha Rao, MD( Pathology)
PDCC Oncopathology has been an extremely good learning and working experience. I was exposed to wide variety of cases, Immunohistochemistry and hands on experience for FISH, flow cytometry and molecular pathology. We also had excellent academic sessions and it’s a pleasure working along with one of best faculty and technical staff. Glad to be a part of the team !