Application for admission in PDCC Uro-Oncopathology
Aim of the course: The main vision of this course would be advancing the care of patients with urologic diseases through enhancements of best practices, research, and education in the subspecialty of Urological Pathology. Incorporation into clinical practice of new techniques, technologies, and methodologies that empower the specialty for a better understanding of disease pathways and enhancing diagnosis, prognostication, prediction, and prevention.
On completion of this programme the student will be able to report Uro-oncopathology cases independently, would be able to do further research with practicising Uro-oncopathology as subspecialty.
Course: PDCC in Uro-Oncopathology
Affiliation requisite: Indian College of Pathologists
Duration of the course: One year
Qualification required: MD/DNB (Pathology)
Stipend: Yes paid (as per institute norms).
Dissertation to be done: Yes
PDCC Uro-Oncopathology, 2021-22
- Age limit less than 40 years as on April 30th 2021.
- Number of seats 02.
- Course duration – one year, Entrance Examination dates to be announced.
- Exam application fees Rs 2000/-.
- Last date for receiving filled in applications is January 15th 2022 -5 pm.
Details About Eligibility & Admission:
- Candidates who have passed MD/DNB in pathology at the time of applying are eligible (Cut off by April 30th 2021 ).
- Age less than 40 years by April 30th 2021 at the time of application
- In service candidate sponsored by their parent institute need to get a No Objection certificate from the Head of their institute for pursuing the course .
- Written examination (MCQ based) followed by interview. Eight candidates will be shortlisted for the interview and 2 will be selected.
- The interview shall take the practical knowledge and application of the subject in routine practice and medical fitness into consideration. The decision of interview board will be final.
- No individual correspondence will be made for students not shortlisted for the interview. Only those candidates who are shortlisted will be intimated.
- Fees per annum Rs 135200/-
- The breakup is as given herewith :
|Course fees (to be paid to BIACH & RI)||Rs 110000/-|
|To be paid to Indian College of Pathologists: Registration fees||Rs 10000/-|
|Examination fees||Rs 15000/-|
|Application fees||Rs 200/-|
- *Payment to Indian College of Pathologists will be facilitated by BIACH & RI .
- The fees will not be refunded after 1 month of admission.Within a month if the candidate decides on not continuing , only 50% of the fees paid to BIACH & RI will be refunded.The fees paid to Indian College of Pathologists will not be refunded. The vacant seat will be offered to the candidate in the waiting list.
- A monthly stipend of Rs 55000/- (all inclusive) will be paid for 12 months of service Inservice candidates will not be paid.
- PDCC (Oncopathology) is a full time course and shall be governed by applicable leaves of the institute. No candidate pursuing the course shall be allowed to do any private practice or consultation.
- Duties of the PDCC fellow will be fixed from time to time by the Institute.
- The selected candidate will have to submit a research project proposal upon joining and submit the project by April 31st .
Print out of the same can be duly filled and sent along with the payment to:
Department of Lab Medicine
Basavatarakam Indo American Cancer Hospital & Research Institute
Road No 10, Banjara Hills,
For enquiries about PDCC
Contact: Mr Praveen Chandra
Phone :+91 9010508727
Details of the institute:
Department of Pathology and Lab medicine, Basavatarakam Indo- American Cancer Hospital & Research Institute, Hyderabad, India.
Institute Head: Dr. T. Subramanyeshwar Rao, Medical Director & Chief Surgical Oncologist.
Chief executive officer: Dr. R.V. Prabhakara Rao
Academics Incharge: Dr. K. Kalpana Raghunath, Associate Director (Academics).
Head of the department: Dr. K. Suseela, MBBS, MD, PDCR, Fellowship in Cytology.
Consultant/Guide Incharge for the course: Dr. B. Vishal Rao, MBBS, MD, DNB (Path), DipRCPath (UK), PDF (Oncopathology).
Department of Surgical Uro-Oncology:
- Dr. Rakesh Sharma, MBBS, DNB(General Surgery), DNB Urology, MNAMS, FMAS, FAIS – Chief Consultant Laparoscopic and Robotic Uro-Oncology.
- Dr. Sai Sri Harsha, MBBS, MS(General Surgery), Mch(Genito-urinary Surgery).