2. Application submissions are now closed for Post Doctoral Certificate Course PDCC (Oncopathology), 2019-2020. Results will be declared shortly.
Post Doctoral Certificate Course (PDCC) Oncopathology
The need for trained pathologists in the field of Oncopathology has become paramount with the alarming increase of cancer burden in the country in the era of Personalized Medicine. Basavatarakam Indo American Cancer Hospital & Research Institute has been organizing PDCC courses in Oncopathology successfully for the last 3 years with applicants from across the country. We are pleased to offer Post Doctoral Certificate Course PDCC (Oncopathology), a one year programme under the auspices of Indian College of Pathologists (ICP) The program intends to deliver practical knowledge about a systematic approach to the diagnosis of cancer, handling precious cancer tissue and reporting of cancers in a structured way along with sensitization and exposure to high end ancillary techniques including flow cytometry, FISH,molecular pathology and NGS so as to address the needs of the oncologists to institute optimum therapy.
Post Doctoral Certificate Course PDCC (Oncopathology), 2020-2021
- Eligibility M.D/DNB( Pathology) from recognized university /Institute.
- Age limit less than 40 years as on April 30th 2020.
- Number of seats 2.
- Course duration – one year : July to June, Course begins on July 1th, Entrance Examination on 5th June 10 am followed by interview on 6th June, 12 noon
- Exam application fees Rs 1500/-.
- Last date for receiving filled in applications is May 25th 2020 -5 pm.
Details About Eligibility & Admission:
- Candidates who have passed MD/DNB in pathology at the time of applying are eligible (Cut off by April 30th ).
- Age less than 40 years by April 30th 2020 at the time of application
- In service candidate sponsored by their parent institute need to get a No Objection certificate from the Head of their institute for pursuing the course .
- Written examination (MCQ based) followed by interview. Eight candidates will be shortlisted for the interview and 2 will be selected.
- The interview shall take the practical knowledge and application of the subject in routine practice and medical fitness into consideration. The decision of interview board will be final.
- No individual correspondence will be made for students not shortlisted for the interview. Only those candidates who are shortlisted will be intimated.
- Fees per annum Rs 135200/-
- The breakup is as given herewith :
- Course fees (to be paid to BIACH & RI ) Rs 110000/-
- To be paid to Indian College of Pathologists : Registration fees Rs 10000/- Examination fees Rs 15000/- Application fees Rs 200/-
- *Payment to Indian College of Pathologists will be facilitated by BIACH & RI .
- The fees will not be refunded after 1 month of admission.Within a month if the candidate decides on not continuing , only 50% of the fees paid to BIACH & RI will be refunded.The fees paid to Indian College of Pathologists will not be refunded. The vacant seat will be offered to the candidate in the waiting list.
- A monthly stipend of Rs 55000/- (all inclusive) will be paid for 12 months of service Inservice candidates will not be paid.
- PDCC (Oncopathology) is a full time course and shall be governed by applicable leaves of the institute. No candidate pursuing the course shall be allowed to do any private practice or consultation.
- Duties of the PDCC fellow will be fixed from time to time by the Institute.
- The selected candidate will have to submit a research project proposal upon joining and submit the project by April 31st .
Please find online application link here Apply Now
Otherwise, print out of the same can be duly filled and sent along with the payment to:
Department of Lab Medicine
Basavatarakam Indo American Cancer Hospital & Research Institute
Road No 10, Banjara Hills,
For enquiries about PDCC
Contact: Mr Praveen Chandra
Dr Mohan Krishna Pasam, MD
This course helped me consolidate on the concepts that I learnt during my residency. During the course, I had exposure to a wide variety of cancer cases and got hands on experience in various techniques such as grossing , immunohistochemistry etc . I was sensitised to newer and advanced techniques in pathology reporting like FISH, flow cytometry and molecular techniques like RT PCR etc . The guidance of the excellent faculty is also a big plus during the training process. I would recommend my juniors to pursue this course.
Dr Lakshmi Manasa, MD(Pathology)
I am extremely glad to pursue my PDCC Oncopathology course in BIACH & RI. The institute has state of art lab including flow cytometry, and molecular techniques like FISH, PCR and NGS providing us a comprehensive exposure to all aspects of oncopathology. The faculty provides an excellent guidance and encouragement. The technical staff is very supportive. Overall the course definitely helps us in improving our knowledge about the diagnostic armamentarium in the field of oncopathology .
Dr Aleena Jain, MD,PDF(GI and hepatobiliary pathology)
It has been a wonderful learning experience at BIACH & RI which included exposure to a wide array of interesting cases, frozen sections, hands on training in molecular techniques, flow cytometry, cytogenetics, and most importantly, the knowledge of clinical implications of a particular diagnosis. Moreover, it was an opportunity to work with excellent faculty. I am glad to pursue my PDCC Oncopathology from here.
Dr S Sneha Rao, MD( Pathology)
PDCC Oncopathology has been an extremely good learning and working experience. I was exposed to wide variety of cases, Immunohistochemistry and hands on experience for FISH, flow cytometry and molecular pathology. We also had excellent academic sessions and it’s a pleasure working along with one of best faculty and technical staff. Glad to be a part of the team !